Report on Marketing;
Individual project on marketing opportunities for a brand of consumer products. You will be assigned a brand of consumer products. Each student will be assigned a different brand. Research the brand, the organization that markets the brand, the marketing environment, the market and the market segments in the UAE. Then infer the marketing opportunities (including targeted segments) available for the brand from the market information. This is an external work which must follow APA Formatting guidelines. 20% of the assessment will go for knowledge and 10% will go for formatting. This project will cover CLOs 1, 3, and 4
Current Market Situation
• Brand: (1) where it originates from, (2) when it was introduced in the UAE, (3) existing product lines/items in the UAE
• Organization that markets the brand: (1) business activities, (2) date of establishment in the UAE, (3) structure and size, (4) strengths and weaknesses
• Market environment: (1) micro-environmental and macro-environmental factors that have the biggest impact on the brand’s existing product lines/items in the UAE, (2) major changes and trends that impact marketing decisions of the brand’s existing product lines/items in the UAE
• Market for the brand’s product lines/items in the UAE: (1) define the market, (2) current size of the market, (3) future size of the market (4) who are customers buying them from, (5) customers’ current needs and wants, (6) potential changes to customers’ needs and wants
• Market segments: (1) define the existing market segments, (2) segments in which the brand’s existing product lines/items are offered, (3) potential changes to existing segments, (4) potential new segments
• From the market information, infer the marketing opportunities for the brand in each of the existing and potential new market segments using the product/market expansion grid
• Decide whether to target existing market segments or potential new market segments by offering existing product lines/items or new product lines/items. Explain with reference to the market research.
Guidelines for market research
• To research about the brand, the organization that markets the brand, the marketing environment, the market and the market segments in the UAE from information that is publicly available.
• Use credible sources of information and, where possible, use the databases available on the HCT library website.
• To research about the market and the market segments in the UAE from information that is not publicly available.
• Prepare a survey questionnaire to determine: (1) customers’ current needs and wants, (2) potential changes to customers’ needs and wants, (3) existing market segments, (4) potential changes to existing segments, (5) potential new segments, (6) customer psychographics, (7) customers’ buying behavior
• Conduct the survey on a representative sample of appropriate size.
BUS 1303 Marketing
Coursework: Oral Presentation (20%)
Feedback Key: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0
Specific criteria (for Group) A B C D F
Demonstrates an understanding of the task and competently discusses all the key elements
Presents reasoned arguments that are substantiated by facts and evidence and the application of relevant marketing concepts and frameworks
Uses appropriate professional and/or research literature and resources to support the presentation
Organizes the presentation, briefing sheet and market research survey questionnaire in a clear, coherent and timely (for presentation) manner; in an integrated and logical sequence; and in a professional format
Uses multimedia appropriately for an effective oral presentation
Delivers the briefing sheet and market research survey questionnaire according to appropriate linguistic conventions in written language
Specific criteria (for Individual) A B C D F
Delivers the oral presentation according to appropriate linguistic conventions in oral language including paralinguistic conventions such as appropriate volume, eye contact and body language; and engages the audience
Answers both questions competently with substantiated explanation
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.