Professional experience placement reflection
1. Choose your national competency standards
Students will choose three different ANMC/NMBA National competency standards for the registered nurse (https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Codes-Guidelines.aspx)
They need to be in separate domains i.e. one from 3 of the 4 domains below
• Professional practice
• Critical thinking and analysis
• Provision and coordination of care
• Collaborative and therapeutic practice
• Domain Professional practice has 3 sub clauses 1.2, 1.2 and 1.3. Each of these sub classes has several dot points under them.
You have to choose a sub clause not a dot point national competency standard to discuss. For instance for the first domain there are 3 sub-clauses
1.1 Complies with relevant legislation and common law:
1.2 Fulfils the duty of care
1.3 Recognises and responds appropriately to unsafe or unprofessional practice
You would choose one of these rather than the dot points below them.
2. Briefly critically analyse what the national competency standard means to your scope of practice as a nursing student.
3. Choose a skill which you can reflect on – you can discuss why you thought you met it, partially met or could not meet it. Choose sources of information that support your argument
4. Reflect on how your ability to meet, partially meet or not meet this national competency standard has influenced your practice as a nursing student.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.