I’m stuck on a Health & Medical question and need an explanation.
Who wants to get messy?
- It’s important for children to explore materials and processes during their preschool years. Watch this preschooler at play with paint and tools:
- The video simply demonstrates a great open-ended or process art experience being enjoyed by a preschool child. Did you totally wish you had your hands in the paint along with him? Or maybe you didn’t think it was so great. Perhaps it made you uncomfortable or upset to see such messy and explorative art.
- So let’s explore this kind of creative and developmentally appropriate activity a little more. I want you to think about YOUR feelings, your reaction to what you saw. As you reflect, you might think also about your own childhood and your personal experiences with art as a child.
- What you feel and think is important and I respect that. And yet, it’s important to know and understand the values of developmentally appropriate practice and process, open-ended art for young children. That’s what we’re going to focus on in this discussion.
1. Identify two ways that the art activity in the video was developmentally appropriate for a preschool aged child. You can revisit the NAEYC DAP core considerations (Links to an external site.) or use your text for supportive information.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $8/Page
2. Now, in 1-2 sentences, how would you define “process” or “open-ended” art? Does the activity in the video reflect your definition?