Patient-Centered Care Report
Write a report on the application of population health improvement initiative outcomes to patient-centered care, based on information presented in an interactive multimedia scenario.
In this assessment, you have an opportunity to apply the tenets of evidence-based practice in both patient-centered care and population health improvement contexts. You will be challenged to think critically, evaluate what the evidence suggests is an appropriate approach to personalizing patient care, and determine what aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply evidence-based practice to plan patient-centered care.
- Evaluate the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative.
- Develop an approach to personalizing patient care that incorporates lessons learned from a population health improvement initiative.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
- Propose a strategy for improving the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative, or for ensuring that all outcomes are being addressed, based on the best available evidence.
- Competency 3: Evaluate outcomes of evidence-based interventions.
- Propose a framework for evaluating the outcomes of an approach to personalizing patient care and determining what aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
- Competency 4: Evaluate the value and relative weight of available evidence upon which to make a clinical decision.