Format: Type or write clearly
WARNING: You must put your answers on this worksheet. Do not answer on a separate
sheet of paper.
Characteristic Dominant Gene Recessive Gene
Horn texture Spiral (S) Smooth (s)
Coat color White (C) Pink (c)
Blood powers Magical (B) Non-magical (b)
1. Electra and Ranger both have white coats but their son Trotter is pink! How is this possible?
Give the genotypes of both Electra and Ranger and show the Punnett square.
2. Forester does not have magical blood and he wants to make sure that none of his children
have to go through the ridicule that he has gone through. What would the genotype of his wife
have to be to ensure that all of his children have magical blood?
3. (a) Celestia’s genotype is cc. What is her phenotype?
(b) Romper’s genotype is a carrier for coat color. What is his genotype?
(c) What is the chance their son will be white?
4. (a) Elita has a spiral horn. What is her genotype?
(b) Considering karyotypes don’t show genes and the cost of sequencing is prohibitive, what
type of test can we do to determine Elita’s genotype?
(c) If Chaser has a smooth horn and all of their offspring have spiral horns, what is Elita’s
genotype? Show your work.
5. (a) Jumper is heterozygous for horn texture and homozygous dominant for blood powers.
What is his genotype?
(b) List the gametes that Jumper can produce.
(c) Airy is homozygous recessive for horn textures and heterozygous for blood powers. What is
(d) List the gametes that Airy can produce
(e) What is the phenotypic ratio of their children?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.